Monday, December 20, 2010

15 month Stats

185

Can you believe that this little cutie is 15 months old?!? It is true.

We went for his 15 month check-up on Friday. He had an ear infection, which was a bit of a surprise. He hadn’t shown any signs other than a runny nose. Now the nose has gotten worse and he’s been a little bit more of a stinker than usual. I may call and see if we need a different medicine.

Stinker. Yes, I said it. My adorable, precious, sweet little boy can be quite the stinker. I am told that comes from my husband’s genes, ah-hem. Anyway, he can throw the most impressive fits for no reason at all. Is this a phase? I always heard about the terrible two’s and how bad the 3’s can be. Honestly, I’m scared. Ok, it really isn’t that bad. He’s still super sweet and a ton of fun. But it is taking some getting used to when he melts down. Maybe we’re just having a rough week. He’s been drooling a lot – maybe more teeth? He already has 12, though. We’ll see. It is usually when he’s screaming that I can see that he cut teeth, so that’s a plus, I guess. :)

The stats, oh yes. That’s what this post was about.

Height: 31” (50%)

Weight: 19lbs 8 oz (less than 3rd%)

Head: 45.5 (10%)

Height and weight %’s about the same as at 12 months. Apparently his head is not growing as fast. Dr. said it is fine for his small frame. He told me to cut back on the milk I give him in hopes of him eating more food. Need to put some weight on that boy. Dr. wasn’t really that worried about his size. His vocabulary is still pretty small and the doctor said that was fine, too. As long as he is understanding us, there is no need to worry. And he understands us, for sure. There is a big range for his age. So he can pretty much say the following: daddy, mama, cheese, cookie (don’t ask how he knows this), mowa (more), hi, moo (moon), coooo (for me trying get him out of the fridge by saying “its cold” with a shiver). I may be forgetting some. He’ll randomly clearly as day something we’ve just said. Which is weird and surprising when it happens. But he’ll only say it once, so I don’t think those count. He does the monkey sound frequently and I’ve been getting him to ho-ho-ho when I talk about Santa. So, he’s definitely learning and picking up things. Every week is something different. We’re working on body parts. He definitely knows nose, foot, and tummy. The others are hit or miss. What will be his next trick be?

2 comments:

  1. Asher throws fits now too! If we know he is throwing a fit because we took something away that he was not allowed to have, we say "it is so sad that you are throwing a fit" and leave the room. He gets over it fast and comes after us wanting to play. But he does it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so sweet, I need some serious Will time!!! I was actually hoping to keep him today but we'll be gone most of the morning because Teresa is coming (love her). But I need some quality, one-on-one time with this little guy!!! We need to work on him saying "T" - that is important!

    ReplyDelete