Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tallahassee Trip

Kevin, his sister Kayse, and I had a wonderful weekend traveling to Tallahassee, FL to visit his grandparents and his great-grandmother. I had never been out to their place in Florida, so it was a treat for me to get to see where Kevin and his sisters made so many memories as kids. We left Friday morning and came back Monday afternoon. Our first stop in Tallahassee...
Sonny's is a place that is a Tooker/Tatro favorite! I have heard what a wonderful and yummy bar-b-que place this was for several years. The first Sonny's we went to was a newer one and was indeed quite yummy! Now I feel like a part of the family!


We of course had to visit Florida State University while we were in Tallahassee. Both Kevin's parents and grandparents went to FSU. To say that Kevin is a "fan" is an understatement. I have grown to appreciate the Seminoles and was thrilled to finally see it in person!

Here is Kevin infront of Chief Osceola and Renegade:

Doak Campbell Stadium:
Quite a treat was meeting Mama Dee for the first time. She is 100 years old! I just can't imagine what all she has seen in 100 years! She was so much more interactive and alert than I was expecting. She looks amazing for being 100. She will turn 101 on Sept. 15th - and since I am due the 18th, she thinks that would be a great day for Will to be born. I agree! Here she is:



Eating at Sonny's once while in FL just wasn't enough! We also ate at the older more authentic Sonny's over the weekend. Sonny's #2...

Mimie and Papa have named their home the Woodsy Lodge. We had such a great weekend and I just loved hearing all the old stories and seeing all the old pictures. Kevin and his sisters have many, many fond memories of summer vacations at Woodsy Lodge. Mimie has very organized books for each grandchild and has kept all of their school papers that they sent her over the years. How neat! I am so glad I was able to visit more with them and see this special place.

The kids at the "Lodge"

A great pic of the family

Here is a great pic of our wonderful hosts at the Village Inn (great breakfast spot)! Thank you Mimie and Papa for having us out to visit and for feeding us and toting us around. We had such a great time and can't wait to see you again in the fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment