Friday, September 18, 2009

Day Two from Baylor Hospital

Yesterday had to be one of the best days that I have and may ever experience in my life. Although I wasn't thrilled about being awakened at 2:30 in the morning, I cannot imagine anything that I would have rather done besides meeting my son for the first time. It has been surreal (and a little overwhelming) to think that I am a father. But when I look into these eyes, the rest of the world seems to fade away and become much less important, and I am humbled by such a perfect and amazing gift from God!
Brandi has been absolutely amazing through this whole process. I have seen a side of her that I knew existed but had not seen first hand. She is so patient and loving with him, and I am convinced, after less than 36 hours, that she will be a terrific mother.


Mommy and son are both doing well and trying to get as much rest as possible before the next wave of friends and family arrive later this afternoon. We have been so blessed by the love and support that has been showered on us over the course of the last nine months. We are very much appreciative of the time that our friends and family have taken to visit us and share in this amazing experience. Brandi and Will spent some quality time bonding this morning, and I've already lost count of the number of kisses she's given him.

Will has been much more alert today than yesterday, although he's guaranteed to fall asleep as soon as Brandi attempts to nurse. Here is Will shortly after nursing this morning:



Will and I were able to spend a little time together in the delivery room yesterday but have had much time today to discuss life and what to expect. We have already talked about all the good times we're going to have, especially on every Saturday in the fall.



We have been so fortunate to have our family living close by and were very excited that they were able to be here to witness yesterday's miracle. Will is lucky to have family that already adores him so much and cannot wait to spend more time getting to know him. Little does he know that he has two aunts and an uncle that haven't met him yet, along with great-grandparents who are dying to hold and kiss him.
Here's Will meeting his Mimi (Brandi's Mom) for the first time:


Ally (my Mom) experienced love at first sight in the delivery room with her first grandbaby. She has been so excited about getting to meet Mr. Will Ryan and has been working hard to get her house ready for his arrival.



GJ (my Dad) and NeeNee (Daneille) rushed up to Baylor yesterday morning to make sure they didn't miss Will's arrival and could not wait come back up here today.


It didn't take long for Uncle J to meet his new little buddy before making plans to take his two nephews out to see the Rangers as soon as possible.


Uncle Dustin and Aunt Tricia are enjoying their new roles and are looking forward to living close by to watch Will as he grows up. We're all curious as to Dylan's reaction to meeting his new cousin for the first time. I have a feeling the two cousins will have a great time growing up near one another.


Right now, the plan is to check out of the hospital tomorrow morning and head home for what I can only imagine will be a scary first night with Will. We are so thankful for all of the love and support we have received and will try to keep updating the blog as much as possible over the course of the next several days.
Here's to hoping Will learns to sleep through the night very quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment