Funny that I just blogged about how great Will's first haircut went. I had mentioned that I was way behind blogging and that we were headed for another one. His hair had grown quite a bit and we wanted him to be snazzy for Ally's wedding (pics to come).
Let's just say that the 2nd haircut was a traumatic experience...for all of us! The minute Kevin tried to put Will down in the chair he freaked. He would not let go of Kevin and was not happy. Yikes. So after awhile of trying to convince him (including using a sucker that didn't work) we decided Kevin would just have to hold him. The only adult sized chair was taken by a mother and her young baby. So, we waited a bit. Then the lady decided she would just cut it where Kevin was sitting on this bench thing. Ok, let's try this.
She was cutting and Will was just not feeling it. He was just being very clingy and wouldn't sit still. I tried giving him toys, etc. to get him to relax. Nothing was working. The poor hairdresser was doing the best she could. Then...we see blood! Where was it coming from?!? I thought it was his ear, but it was his finger. He had thrown his hands up to his head and knicked his finger on the scissors! It took the lady a minute to realize what had happened and he was bleeding all over the place. Who knew the finger bled so much? If someone new had walked in they would have wondered what in the world happened. They didn't have any bandaids in the first aid kit (of course) so we were trying to rig it with some gauze that he of course didn't want to keep on it. Seriously, huge drops of blood were everywhere - all over Kevin's shirt and all over the floor.
We finally said - let's just get out of here and go get some bandaids. We got a free haircut - yay. Ha. Afterwards, I felt so bad for the lady that cut it. It really wasn't her fault. I mean he was not sitting still and she was trying her best. She actually even called to check on us a little while later. She said she was so shaken up by it. Poor lady.
Needless to say...We will probably not be back to get our haircut for a very long time. You might see Will looking really, really shaggy. We'll just have to embrace it. Whew.


Oh Will!! I think he could pull of the Steve Nash look though! :)
ReplyDelete