Promise to do a real blog with pictures soon, but thought I should mark our newest milestone...
We are paci free!
We didn't really plan to get rid of it, yet. He only has used it for sleeping for probably the last year. I figured I would tackle breaking that this summer when I was home more. But there for a couple of weeks he suddenly became very, very attached to it in the morning and would not give it up without a major meltdown. I was very concerned becuase he had never really been that way. We usually would put it on the dresser in the morning and would say "bye paci!" I mentioned it to his teacher at school and she said he had not had it at all, even for naps, for the last month. What?!? So that's when Kevin and I decided it was on. We were being played and needed to break this trend before it became really an issue. So this last weekend - we did it. Cold turkey. He asked for it quite a bit and still even asked for it this morning, but it went really well. He woke up crying one night looking for it, but it only lasted a couple of minutes. I was shocked really at how easily he transitioned.
Yay Will! We're proud of you for being such a big boy and handling it like a champ! (We'll let this be a celebratory blog post and leave out the part about the biting incident. Don't worry, he didn't bite another child...just his mommy!).


No comments:
Post a Comment