Am I the only one that secretly wishes that Jo from Supernanny would show up at my door? I am? Odd. Well, I do. I'm admitting it. My amazingly precious son is hard at times! His tantrums are rather impressive. And I am rather struggling with handling them. I've read and read and read about how to manage them and really - he is stubborn. I know this is my happy blog about my cute kiddo, but sometimes I need to be real. And there it is. My random confession for the day. Carry on.
December Little Things
5 years ago


Oh Brandi! I sooo feel your pain! Parker and Will seem to be very alike. VERY strong willed, VERY stubborn and can throw a tantrum like no other! The two's and three's were some of the hardest years of my life. There were so many days when I loved Parker but I did not love being his mother! I would go to bed exhausted after a day full of one tantrum after another. And some of these tantrums could last up to an hour. I tried everything but over time I found that the best thing that worked for us was to just put him in his room, shut the door, and let time do it's job. Over the months, the tantrums would get shorter and shorter. The good news is that when he turned 4, he took a turn for the better. He is a completely different child now. Don't get me wrong, he is still very strong willed and stubborn, but the tantrums are MUCH fewer and don't last long at all. Hang in there...it will get better. And my most important piece of advice is just to be consistent. It is so hard sometimes, but I truly believe this is one of the reasons that things are better for us now. Please feel free to email me or even call me if you ever need to talk. Sometimes just talking to someone who has been through the same thing can help lift your spirits enough to get through a tough day! Good luck! Amy
ReplyDeleteThis will be a hurdle in life that you will look back on later and say that was tough but we got through it. I have learned as a mom that once you get over one hurdle kids throw us a different one. So hang in there and you will get through this. When Zach was that age, a good friend told me that strong willed is a good leadership quality that will make him bully-proof in the future.
ReplyDelete