A few weeks ago, we bought Will a new bedroom suit! He’s such a big boy now! He loves his new bed and his train bedding. It is so cute. I need to decorate the room – the walls are really bare. We painted it this slate blue color and I really like it. It was a light brown/tan before and it was kind of boring. It was time for something new.
Transition. Well, that was an interesting one. I didn’t really put a whole lot of thought into how that would go. I assumed it would be a little tricky getting him to stay put – but I wasn’t exactly prepared for it. The first few nights I laid down with him. It was a whole new experience and I am sure it was weird for him being all open. Then on about the 4th night he thought mommy laying down with him was play time. And mommy laid there for hours upon hours trying to get him to drift off to sleep. Every time I thought he was out and I started to get up he’d pop up and say something heartbreaking like, stay mommy, I’ll scoot over mommy, stay in the covers mommy.
So then we realized we needed to teach him to sleep in his bed by himself. I can’t lay there for hours every night. So we did some tough love. And it was tough. :( Pretty sure Will and I were both crying that first night. He kept getting up and we kept putting him back. Two nights of a little chaos was all, though. By the third night, he was fine! He’s been doing great every since! And – even more surprising – he’s only had one accident since he moved into it. He can get up and tell us if he needs to go. So that’s a bonus! Our little boy is growing up!!


No comments:
Post a Comment