We had our 38 week appointment today. The appointment was much the same as last week...no progress, yet. He said I had softened up quite a bit, but it really just didn't look like Will was arriving anytime soon. I did ask him what happened if we made it to the 18th and there was no baby. He said he didn't like to induce unless we were up at a week past my due date. While I really don't want to be induced, I really don't want to go a week past my due date! He did say he wouldn't let me go more than a week past the 18th. So, I guess that's good.
Today was a huge day...it was my last day of work!!!!! I can't tell you how excited I am about that! I don't have to go back...for the rest of the year!!! My back hurts so bad sitting at a desk and my feet...well, I've told you about them - swollen! I am fortunate to work for a firm with great benefits - they allow me to take time off before the delievery, not just after. I am also taking advantage of their sabbatical program - which means I stay employed with full benefits (which is great because Will and I need insurance!) and get paid 20% of my salary...without working! Can't really complain about that! I am so glad that Kevin has been so supportive of me taking the extended time off. It works out well with my job as the end of the year is usually pretty slow anyway. So, I'll get to spend a lot of time with Will through the end of the year. Since I do have 2 weeks before my due date, I am hoping to at least have a little down time before he arrives. I don't really feel organized and feel like I just need to relax and mentally prepare for what is to come. Many of you are laughing because you have already told me...I can try but I really can't prepare for the ups and downs of being a new mom. At least I can relax a little, right?


I did the same thing...I took off two weeks before Parker's due date to relax and rest. My last day of work was April 26th. I went into labor that night and he was born on the 27th! So much for my relaxing two weeks off!! I hope you do get the chance to rest at least a few days before Will arrives! Can't wait to see pics after he is born! Amy
ReplyDeleteYeah for no work!! We should do lunch next week sometime. I know you shouldn't drive over here - how far am I from you I wonder? I hope you are able to relax - sleep in as much as possible these next 2 weeks!
ReplyDeleteSLEEP SLEEP SLEEP! I'll come clean for you and anything else you need done...rest sleep rest...seriously!! I CANNOT FREAKING WAIT!! Anything you need PLEASE let me know! laundry, floors cleaned...a nap (post Will) I'm there!
ReplyDeleteWow! It's getting so close. Glad you won't have to work until 2010, that's wonderful. We're looking forward to meeting little Mr. Will. :)
ReplyDelete