Monday, September 21, 2009

Cuteness!

Well, I am back to blogging! I don't know how regularly I'll be doing it...but here I am for today. Whew! Being a new parent is the most exhausting and rewarding thing I have ever done. Sleep is one of things that is a bonus now not a guarantee. :) The strange thing is that I haven't minded too much...yet. I am sure the lack of sleep will catch up with me soon, but for now I am just enjoying learning everything I can to care for this amazing gift we've been given.

We are trying to nurse and we are getting there but it isn't coming easily. I have had many friends tell me to expect that, so I did. Hopefully things will level out here in a few days. I think once we get that figured out, everything else will get a lot easier.

This precious child is the sweetest, cutest child I have ever seen! I know I might be biased, but look at him! Here he is right before we headed out this morning on our first outing to the doctor.
Kevin is such a great daddy! He has been so helpful and is ready to do whatever we need to make things easier. I am so happy that he is Will's daddy!
All snug in his carseat!
Look at this cutie! Look at those long arms and legs! They are crazy long! Check out this kid's feet. They are the biggest feet I have ever seen on a baby! The toes are hilarious! I mean I think he is the cutest kid ever but his feet and toes are monkey-like! The toes are so long and curl up like nothing else!
Here is our sweet nephew Dylan meeting Will. He was so cute with him. Then...he was over him!

Thankfully we had some great helpers this past weekend. Ally and Kayse were here on Saturday and were so sweet to decorate our place in honor of Will's big arrival home. They also had a great lunch for us. It was so sweet of them to make a deal for us on his big day!

My mom (Mimi) was here on Saturday and spent the night with us and stayed with us during the day Sunday. She was a life saver! She washed everything in sight and cooked us some extra food to last a few days. She helped cuddle sweet Will to help me get some sleep. Thanks Mimi!!

5 comments:

  1. okay, i seriously love the "monkey bottom" in the picture with Kevin! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandi, He is ADORABLE! Congratuations! Baby boys are so great, because they may be dad's little buddy, but they always want mommy for cuddles and hugs! I hope we can meet him when we are in town for Dylan's birthday in a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, just presh! I loved how wide-eyed he is in that first pic and the monkey outfit is too cute! Can't wait to meet him in person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Brandi! He is beautiful! I love how tiny he looks in his daddy's arms. Accept any and all help, that's my advice of the moment. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so cute - love the blog! :) Stephanie

    ReplyDelete