Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer Time This and That

So, admittedly, I've been in a blogging funk. Not sure why. Things have been fairly busy and I just haven't made it a priority. I think I recently covered all the major events. But I thought I'd do a quick post to catch up on recent stuff.


We finally got Will another haircut. After the one that was awful, we don't really rush to take him to get it cut. And, it was kind of cute shaggy. But then - it wasn't. I would pick him up from school and the poor boy looked quite ragged. So - we took him and it was rather successful. It was iffy at first - he wouldn't even sit in my lap, but once she pulled out a sucker and put on a cartoon, we were good to go.


(Which reminds me of this lovely little music class I tried to take him to last week. He hated it! He clung to my neck for dear life. And towards the end he was pointing to the door and saying...Shoes...Shoes! As in - let's get my shoes and get out of here! Oh well.).



Will has started counting!! It is so cute and it was out of nowhere! He can fairly consistently get from 4-9. I don't know why 1-3 are not clicking, but we're working on them. I am so impressed with my little guy! Colors are coming, too. He can recognize the right one, but then he gets stuck on it and everything is that color. But spaced out, he can get red, yellow, blue, and green correct. I'm a proud momma!



Been spending time with these kiddos as much as possible. And snuggling with Dylan's sweet little brother as much as possible.



Last Thursday was our 4th anniversary! I can't believe it has been four years. In some aspects, I feel like I've known Kevin forever. In others, it seems like we just had the wedding. Time sure does fly! We had a lovely time Friday night celebrating. Kevin took me to an amazing restaurant where I had the most amazing dessert...ever. I had to take a pic. They had rose petals on the table when we arrived - fantastic service!


We recently found out that we are getting another newphew! Kevin's sister Kellie is pregnant and it is a boy! Good thing we're good at boys around here! I'm not sure what we would do if someone had a girl. We could figure it out though! Will is rather pumped that he has 2 boy cousins and one on the way! He says bring on the boys!

And that's the quick blog post for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment