Today we took Will for his 6 month check-up. I was glad we had an appointment because he had a really rough weekend and I had lots of questions. He was so fussy all weekend and I was convinced he was teething. It was the saddest thing to see him so miserable. He would just cry (and not the whine or scream, but just cry) and lay his head on my shoulder. I got a lot of cuddle time in (which I loved) but hated it was because he didn’t feel well. Come to find out…he has an ear infection. No wonder the orajel and teething tablets didn’t do a thing! I felt like a bad mom for assuming it was teething. He didn’t pull at his ear or anything, so how are you supposed to know these things? First time being sick – so sad.
Here are the stats…
Height: 26 1/2 inches (50%)
Weight: 15lbs 6 oz (22%)
Head: 42.7 (25%)
So he keeps getting longer – just not much thicker! He continues to be a light eater, but the doctor says he is completely healthy. He eased my worries about his refusal to spend any time on his tummy. He wasn’t concerned at all. Whew.
Well, considering he felt like poop, he did have a big milestone over the weekend – he started sitting on his own! You can tell in the pics that he doesn’t feel great, so excuse the not his best look pics. We are so proud of this milestone, that we had to document it! Way to go Will!
Poor kiddo. Breaks mommy’s heart!
We did have a good weekend, aside from Will not feeling well. Got to spend some time with our friends, the Gannon’s, at their daughter Meredith’s princess party! That’s where Will got the crown in the pic above. Fun to go to such a girlie party since we are all boy here. Also got to go to the Mavs game with some good friends and family. Always fun! And of course we were totally confused at the snow on Sunday. I just don’t get it. Texas.
Hope you have a great week and hope my next post has lots of happy pics!!


aww poor Will. It's so hard on us Mommy's when they aren't feeling well. He is getting so big, and adorable as ever! Isn't it so funny to see him sitting up on his own? I remember when Reagan first learned how we would just crack up looking at her sitting all by herself! Way to go Will!
ReplyDeleteSo close to Max in height (26.25") but Max is a bit heavier.... 17lb 9.5oz! So funny! Max is not sitting yet either - can't wait until he is - makes playtime and grocery shopping much much easier! And, Max had his first ear infection last week. So odd!
ReplyDeleteHow is the house selling/buying going?
Hope you all are feeling and sleeping better!