Well, Will has made some serious walking progress in a very short amount of time. The last video I posted was the first time we had ever seen him let go and take off walking. We had seen him take a step or two between the coffee table/couch, etc. but had never seen him just let go and take off. Well that was definitely the beginning of the walking phase. In the last two weeks he has become fairly comfortable with walking and seems to prefer walking. He'll still crawl on occasion (when he needs to get somewhere fast) but he really walks more than crawls. We're still working on uneven surfaces outside but inside, he does pretty well. I can't believe how quickly it happened. I don't know why I'm surprised, it is the same as always. He waits until he is absolutely positively ready and then he's a champ.
Here is a video of him walking. Kevin calls it the e trade baby video. He loves our phones, of course. I give in and let him play with it from time to time and shouldn't because he did something and messed up my settings and I can't figure out how to get them back! Oh, well.
Oh, and for the record, he still does the one foot, one knee crawl. I really thought he would eventually do a traditional crawl, but he didn't! Funny kid.


I knew he would! Will started out a lot more stable than Asher did, too, because Will waited until he got used to his balance before taking steps. Asher just rushed on in without considering the balance issue and was constantly falling over for the longest time (and still does). It's so funny how personalities make all the difference!
ReplyDelete