Thursday, October 1, 2009

2 Weeks Old

I can't believe Will is 2 weeks old today! Time is flying by! We went for his 2 week check-up today and he is healthy as can be! Will not only gained back to his birth weight last Friday, this week he gained a bunch more! He weighed 7 lbs 2 oz at birth. He weighed 6 lbs 9 oz when we left the hospital. Last Friday he was 7 lbs 3 oz and today he weighs 7 lbs 13 oz! He is definitely eating like a champ! The doctor said that is great and that he can't gain "too" much weight. Good to know. I was starting to worry he was going to be over weight!

Will is doing really well. He is a little confused between daytime and nighttime, though. He is wide eyed after he eats at night and I can barely wake him after he eats during the day. I am going to work hard on making him wake up during the day. We've been trying but he has been getting a long nap in the afternoon. I am going to have to wake him up and not let him sleep so long. By that point I am so tired I am just glad to get a little rest. But, I would prefer to have some rest at night, so I'll do my best to swap the days/nights.
Here are some recent pics. I wish I had more. This week has been kind of busy and I am still working on getting a routine for us. Hopefully we'll get more rest and get some good pictures. We did have his newborn pictures taken here yesterday, and we should have those in 2 weeks. Hopefully the photographer got some good ones!

Here you can see he is starting to fill out! I see some fat rolls forming on those legs. He is definitely sporting a double chin these days!



This one was taken this morning. This newborn outfit is just about too short!

This face makes me laugh! I love all his facial expressions. He is really just adorable!




This is my not-so-successful attempt at waking him after he ate a little bit ago. He doesn't really like hanging out for tummy time, so I thought that would wake him up. Nope. He just snoozed. He wins.




We are still having so much fun getting to know this sweet boy (even without the sleep!)! He is such a blessing to our family and I can't imagine life without him. He had a great time hanging out with my mom for a few days. She came to help us out Sunday through yesterday. He kept her from sleeping a good bit, too. She said she didn't mind - she is in love with this little one, too! Thanks Mimi for cooking, cleaning, rocking, changing, washing, etc! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's been 2 weeks already!! He looks adorable in that newborn outfit! Can't wait to see the professional pics!! I'll be praying he swaps his days and nights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and now i"m just posting again because Kevin said there is someone else who comments more than me, and I want to win that competition.

    ReplyDelete