Thursday, August 6, 2009

Better Week

So my last post was a little negative...this week things have been better. The hormones I think have not been nearly as crazy. Well, I don't think they have been. You might ask Kevin for his opinion. :) I think he would also say I've been a little less crazy. Also, I had been really having trouble sleeping. It started late last week. One night I just laid wide awake after one of the times I got up to go to the ladies room. Then several nights I kept waking up every 2 hrs. on the dot. It was driving me crazy!! Several people told me it was my body's way of preparing me for when Will comes home. What?!? I need sleep while I can get it! Anyway, the last 2 nights have been wonderful! I've been sleeping with the crazy huge preggo pillow and one night I only got up once and last night I didn't get up at all! Glorious, glorious sleep! Yay! Man I love to sleep!

I also have some relief in the feet department. I had been wearing this one pair of shoes to work everyday. They are flats and a bigger size than I normally wear. By the end of the day - my feet were miserable. The swelling just made putting on shoes torture. At lunch on Tuesday I decided to just go buy the most comfortable shoes I could find. I didn't care what they looked like and I didn't really care what they cost - I wanted comfy! I think I found them. They aren't that cute with work clothes, but they are mules and they are super soft! Yay! Relief! Seriously, it is a little piece of heaven compared to shoving my feet into actual dress shoes. Oh the little things in life that make all the difference in the world. My feet have thanked me profusely. :)

So I felt I should post these very positive changes from this week after my not so positive one from last week. I go to the doctor tomorrow - I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow! Wow! Hope everyone else is having a wonderful week, too!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so glad to hear things are going smoother this week!!! I don't think it is right that you don't sleep well while your pregnant - I agree that you should get it while you can. I am only going to be 18 weeks tomorrow, and I am already not sleeping good. Yuck!! I am glad that you found comfy shoes - comfort is all that matters at this point!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a good week!! Hope to see you guys soon I can't wait for my nephew to get here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree that the night time waking seems to be your body's way of preparing you for the first weeks after birth. The good thing is that on this side of birth you are hopefully able to get up, go to the restroom, climb back in bed and be back asleep within 5-10 min...not the case after birth (while sleep deprivation is no fun, those night time feedings were some of my favorite moments). So hang in there and be thankful for the preparation. Think of it like when you were a kid and your mom tried getting you to bed early those last few days of summer so you're ready for school to start! It really is a blessing! I think you notice it more the first time around. After that you've already accepted the fact that your nights are frequently interrupted. Above all try to enjoy these days…they are such a precious gift!

    ReplyDelete