Thursday, August 20, 2009

Doctor Appointment

Today I had my 36 week doctor's appointment and today they started checking me for the first time. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it wasn't all that exciting. A little surprising, but I am sure things will be way more interesting at the birth! So first he did the usual - listen to the heartbeat. The heartbeat is perfect - 145. Then he checked things out to see if I had begun progressing....and I have not. Not at all. I know this is probably good, but my back has been killing me and sleep is really, really hard to come by so there was a part of me that was hoping he would say...oh look...he'll be here anyday now! Oh, well. Will is definitely head down and right where he should be. I am thankful for that. My doctor is really, really laid back, so we didn't get a whole lot of other info. I need to find a list of questions to ask. He gave me a sheet of paper to help determine real labor from false labor and said we would discuss labor/delivery more next week (though I swear he said that last week). Anyway, 4 weeks to go! Who knows when the little guy will make his appearance!

No comments:

Post a Comment