Tuesday, November 17, 2009

2 Months Old

Today Will is 2 months old! We take him for his 2 month check-up tomorrow, so I will post his official stats tomorrow. I dread the appointment since he'll be getting his shots. :(

Will is such a cutie and is so much fun these days. He smiles all the time and I love it! Nothing is better than going to his crib in the morning and seeing him give me a huge smile. Wow. That is absolutely the best feeling.

He has been sleeping pretty well. He slept all through the night (until 7 am) two nights in a row last week. That was amazing. Since then he has been waking up at least once around 3:30 - 4am. He isn't really crying but more making really loud grunting/moaning sounds. I have been just putting the pacifier in and he goes right back to sleep. So...he hasn't gotten a middle of the night bottle in over a week. It is pretty easy to just hop up and put the paci in compared to fixing a bottle and giving it to him, so I am not complaining. I'd say he's doing great! I am getting so much more sleep - thank you sweet Will!

We took him with us to church for the first time on Sunday. He stayed with us in the service and did great. As soon as the music started he went right to sleep. At the very end he started getting squirmy and making noises so we went to the cry room. It felt good to go church as a family. Maybe someday I'll be brave enough to leave him in the nursery! Here he is in his church duds. :)

He looked so cute we needed pics with the handsome man.
I laughed so hard after I took this picture. Look how skinny his little legs are! Ha!
He's always so cute after a bath wrapped up in a towel.
All snug in his pj's! I pulled an emotional mom move. I have had such a hard time with the idea of moving past the newborn clothes. I was putting him in those newborn pj's and they were really just way too small. It was mental, I guess, because I just couldn't wash the 3 month clothes. Well I washed all of the bigger clothes last week and put him in the bigger pj's. AND...they fit so much better! The poor kid. They fit really well and really there isn't that much growing room. I should have switched them sooner. Oh well.
He's really holding his head up these days. He is such an active boy. He loves to get his arms and legs going at the same time. He's not a huge eater. We're trying to up what he gets during the day since he doesn't eat at night now. But he just isn't a huge eater. I do think he has seriously grown a foot in the last few weeks. Ok, so that is exaggerated, but he really has gotten so much longer. You can see he hasn't gotten much chubbier, though. He really can't fit into the newborn stuff - especially the onesies anymore. It isn't such a bad thing because he has a bunch of really cute 3 month clothes.

Unfortunately it has been pretty chilly yesterday and today. That is a bummer because it is messing up our walks. I have to do my indoor Jillian workout instead. Walking is more fun that having Jillian kick my rear! :)

Hope you are having a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. I love the header picture! His little legs sticking out of the Bumbo gave me a little laugh, too. I always loved my girls when they were all bundled up in their towels. I can't believe how big he is getting and that is he already 2 months old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was having a bad moment at school today and snuck a "blogger break" and seeing little Will totally brightened my day! Love that boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kid has some nice duds! I love looking at all of the outfits! He is getting so big. I won't recognize him at Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete