Monday, September 20, 2010

The Party

Where to start?? Well – Will had quite a lovely party on Saturday. The theme – Lil Slugger’s First Birthday! It turned out great! Fun to do a baseball theme since the Rangers are doing so well right now. And red and blue is just cute for a little boy. And – we love sports in this house!

The table set-up2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 002The cake – I was so pleased! 2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 003 The room decorated2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 014 The party favors2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 017 The family before everyone arrived2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 026 Will with his uncles. He sort of stole their birthday thunder. Their birthday is coming up on Wed. So we celebrated their birthday Sat evening after Will’s party.2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 034 We had a piñata for some entertainment. It was a hit!2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 043 2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 047 2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 050 2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 061 Kevin had to help out a little and broke through it for us. Candy!!2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 062 Time for presents! Will got a lot. Everyone was so generous. We have trucks and books and wagons and movies!2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 064 2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 067 We had a hard time keeping Will’s attention. He did spot Mickey!2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 073 2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 074 2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 078 And the main event – the cake eating!2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 087 Hmmm. What is this? Not sure about that.2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 090 Mom gives me a little taste…2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 091 Oh yes – sweets and chocolate no less! I got this!2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 092 No need to be shy – a bigger bite…2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 095 Might as well grab a fist full2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 098 What? It is a cake – all to myself. Can you blame me?!?2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 102 Why is everyone looking at me?2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 109 A precious memory2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 110 2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 115 2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 116That was awesome!!! 2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 126 Time for clean up. To the bath!2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 132 This isn’t nearly as fun. :(2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 137

Dustin, Tricia, and Dylan got Will this neat wagon! So after the party was over we all decided to try it out. We took Dylan and Will for a ride around the neighborhood.2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 150 Uncle Dustin pulling us along2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 153Uncle J’s turn! 2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 157 I really love this picture. I love this memory of my family taking the boys around the block. :) So much fun!2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 158 Sweet, sweet Lindsey painted this awesome chair for Will! It is so adorably cute. It has the verse, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:13” on it. She has memories of having her own chair as a child and reading all her books in it. I love that Will has one, too. And the talent that went into painting this is amazing. Thanks Lindsey!2010-09-19 001 2010-09-18 170 2010-09-19 001 2010-09-19 006

It is days like Saturday that just make me feel so incredibly blessed. Not only do I have a wonderful child, I have so many family and friends that would take the time to come celebrate his birth. It was such a fun, special time of doing just that. Thanks to everyone who came. It means more to us than you will ever know!

1 comment:

  1. How stinkin' cute are those pics! I am so sad I missed the party but it looks like Will had a good time :) Will, your Nashville Aunt and Uncle love you very much!

    ReplyDelete