Yesterday was a really hard day for me emotionally. I was off on Mon, so I guess we had a hard time getting back into the swing of things. I did great yesterday morning dropping Will off at daycare. He seemed okay. He had a bit of a runny nose, though. I went over at lunch to check on him and they said he had been really fussy all morning. Like they couldn't put him down fussy. Break my heart...into pieces. So I decided to go ahead and feed him since it had been 2 1/2 hours. He got tired of course (because he hadn't really napped all morning) and so I tried to put him in his crib. The reality is, I can't go over and hold him while he sleeps for an hour everyday. As much as I would love to, that won't work. He was asleep for about 5 min and then just woke up to the smallest noise. Light sleeper. Ugh.
Then...he rolled over and just looked at me like...mom...it's you! He smiled and started chuckling (cutest thing ever) and just talked and talked and talked. It was the cutest thing. He knows me. It felt so good. I finally had to walk away. And of course, I walked away fragile. I get to work and start boo hooing. I mean, he had a rough morning and then laughs and smiles when he sees me. I just wanted to go spend time with him.
So we get home - he's asleep, of course, because he always falls asleep on the way home. I wake him up after about 30 min, because I want to play! And play we do! I put him on the floor and he just talked and talked and talked. More than I've ever heard him talk before. Daddy had to work late so I got to do bath time. This was the BEST! I poured water on his head and a little got in his eyes and he thought that was the funniest thing he'd ever experienced. I mean he didn't just chuckle, he cracked up laughing. I did it over and over again, of course and he kept laughing. Oh my goodness...talk about the best feeling in the whole world. I swear I fall more in love with him everyday. Now I know what my sister-in-law always meant when she said Dylan woke up cuter today. Everyday they grab a little more of your heart. As hard as earlier in the day was, the day wasn't so bad after hearing that sweet boy laugh away. Love...


Aw, I'm sorry you had such a rough day yesterday :( I'll be praying that it gets easier. and yes...they do seem to get cuter everyday, and Dylan doeesn't seem to be slowing down. From my teaching experience it might slow down around 2nd grade :) ha! jk
ReplyDelete