Well, Will and I are surviving our first week apart. It has been a really hard adjustment, but we will get there. The first day was really hard. Handing your child over to ladies you don't know was painful. They are very sweet ladies and we will get to know them, but that first time was so hard. Of course I cried and cried and had a hard time leaving, but I did it. I did a little better than I thought I would. We went in around 10 on Monday. We were there for about an hour. I left him and drove around crying for quite awhile. I pulled it together, ran some errands and went into work for a few hours. I picked him up at 4. I was convinced he was mad at me when I picked him up. He would not look at me. It was so sad. Kevin says I'm crazy and that he isn't capable of being mad, but it sure felt like it.
Tuesday drop-off was surprisingly not that bad. Then around 11, I really started missing him and got all upset again. Luckily, he is right across the street, so I went over and saw him. He had just fallen asleep when I got there, so I just held him for about an hour while he slept. Then it was time to eat, so I fed him. That helped a lot. I have spent a good amount of time there the last 2 days, which has helped to get to know the teachers better. Hopefully we'll get adjusted in a few weeks. Will is not a great napper and is having a hard time getting much sleep there during the day. He's fallen asleep the last 2 days in the car. That's a bummer - I don't want him to sleep on my watch! I want to play and talk. So I am sure it will just take time.
The good news is that I did talk to the partner in charge of our group on Monday and he was okay with my reduced schedule. Yay!! So, I am off today, because I only have to work 24 hrs this week. I needed today to spend with Will for sure. So it is nice. It is cold out, so we're staying in! Pray we both adjust to our new schedules soon.


Missed seeing you today! If it helps any, I've noticed my baby does not look at me when he is overtired, and he gets overtired a lot with the nanny because she plays with him so much! So maybe that is it :-)
ReplyDeleteI'll be praying for you, if it helps any, I am doing it too so I know how you feel!
Thinking of you. I remember how hard it was to leave Zachary. How great for you to have found such a close place for him to be. :-)
ReplyDeleteI have been there! It does get easier, promise! I am so glad that he is so close and that you have the ability to go over and see him, I am jealous!! I am close enough but don't have the ability!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOh Brandy...My heart hurts for you. I'm sure it HAS to be hard. I'm so glad you are close and can stop in to see him, and so glad you were able to cut back your hours so you can still enjoy these precious days with your boy. Enjoy the time you have with him! They grow up so quickly! Miss you guys.
ReplyDeleteHang in there! So glad you could reduce your hours... I know that makes you feel better. It will get easier. Praying for you both, XOXO
ReplyDelete